The Dates are set for Corn Capital Days 2020. We will see you all again starting Monday, July 20 thru Sunday July 26th.
- Friday Night Street Dance
- Arts in the Park
- Grand Parade – Saturday at 3:00 (July 25th)
- UPDATED!!! Kiddie Day Parade will be in the afternoon prior to the Grande Parade – can be enjoyed at Nester Park with announcements!
- Jon Wogen Outdoor Adventure
- Sunday FLY IN Breakfast
- Thursday Family Fun Night at Dirks Park
- FRIDAY DOWNTOWN Young Entrepreneurs / Street Vendors / Food / Games
This is just to name a few of the fantastic events held throughout our Corn Capital Celebration week! Details are all being made with each day. When more is confirmed, full schedule of events will be available.
Thank you to everyone that came and enjoyed the Corn Capital in 2019.
Your 2019 Corn Capital Medallion Winners! Found on Friday, July 26th approximately 8:30 am in Dirks Park on the ground near the trash bins.
Kaden Fischer, 13 & Hudson Vosika, 12
See you next year 2020 – July 20th thru July 26th back in Olivia, MN
Who’s ready to start hunting???? This is your First Clue for the 2019 Corn Capital Days Medallion Hunt!!!!
Are you ready again for Corn Capital Days // and the fun that awaits in numerous ways? // Seeking the Corn Token is just part of that fun; So pay close attention for the clues have begun.
The rule, it is simple, but key to your quest: Look only in parks and you’ll stand with the best. Be kind and respectful as you find token’s home; For seekers are finders if they know where to roam.
Second Clue for the 2019 Corn Capital Days Medallion Hunt!
The token, it is said to be flat, black and round; And it’s known to reside just on top of the ground. It’s a keepsake for whoever is first to the prize; But you’ll need to use hands as well as your eyes.
A hint might be helpful as you go on your search: Parks named for past leaders will never besmirch. There’s Henton and Nester and Kubesh and Dirks; And a square named for Dowling and all of his works.
2019 CCD Medallion Clue #3 – Thursday
If the Corn Token has not been made to appear, Perhaps it’ll help if the clues were more clear. To the winner a c-note if they’ll only abide; And narrow their search to the city’s north side.
Of the parks that remain, they number but two; But as big as they are, you’ve still much to do. So put on your gloves and maybe your cleats; And swing as you might for the cheapest of seats.
REMINDER TO ALL SEEKERS OF THE 2019 CCD MEDALLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please be respectful of park property. Absolutely zero destruction or movement of fixed objects is necessary in the discovery of the medallion.
2019 CCD Medallion Clue #4 – FRIDAY
There’ve been four generations that have labored and served; And the choice of grand marshal is greatly deserved. So come to the park that shares of that name And join in the fun for the love of the game.
There’s another nice family you all ought to know. It’s a conifer named Picea, to which you should go. To the north and the east you must certainly dash; And always remember to pick up your trash.
HERE IT IS – your 2019 Corn Capital Days Celebration schedule you can print and share. Please remember to check back here or Facebook for immediate updates & changes if we have unfortunate weather.
Come Celebrate with us July 22nd thru 28th the 52nd Annual Corn Capital Days in Olivia, MN – 56277
*********2019 SHIRTS are Ready for SALE ******Adult $15 / Youth $12
Available at the following locations:
- Olivia Liquor Store
- Olivia Cenex
- Master’s Coffee Shop
- Olivia Chamber Office (check out the fresh look of the office!)
///Get them while they are in stock///
Schedule – a printable copy will soon be available!
We have MANY great additions this year to the Corn Capital Schedule! Please take note of the awesome events in 2019:
- Grace Community Church will be hosting their famous Character Camp during Corn Capital Days this year. Starting Sunday, July 21st – Wednesday, July 24th – each night 5:30-8:30 at Nester Park. Check the link on the schedule to sign-up TODAY!
- Monday night after the outdoor worship service at Nester Park, you will want to stay for National Recording artist Rachel Kurtz, she is a must see & listen!
- Thursday Family Fun Night continues to be a hit with each year growing in size of activities and attendance – Come on out and enjoy a great night with family & friends.
- Friday will be a day of many new or updated events. Crazy Days has now transformed into a multi-event area of action DOWNTOWN. You will find Crazy Days Deals, Food Vendors, Public Market, Bake Sale, Future Entrepreneurs, Music and Art. The FFA Root Beers Floats will be held at the Heller Group Office on W. DePue Ave. Friday evening will feature the Dam Jammers at the FREE Street Dance and Fireworks Display. Bring your lawn chair to enjoy the band & fireworks!
- Have you heard about the BOLD Robotics Team – if you haven’t, you will be sure to see and enjoy their talents during multiple day events with demonstrations and information.
- The Olivia Lion’s Sunday Fly In will be much more than pancakes to look forward to. You’ll get to enjoy a great meal, have your face painted, watch some BOLD Robotic demonstrations and check out some rare rides at the collector car show as well as the planes flying in for the event. Much to see!
Parade – Register to have your company or organization in the 2019 Corn Capital Days Parade! PARADEFORM2019
Sponsors – We would like to extend our gratitude to all of the Sponsors of Corn Capital Days! Without you this event would not be possible!
Volunteer – Volunteers make Olivia Corn Capital Days happen. If you would like to volunteer, in any capacity, please contact us via our Volunteer form.
Stay tuned, as we continually add more kernels of information…
See you at the Corn Capital!